Using the Ion Science 10.0 eV high-throughput detection system, a reading for TACs is seen immediately at start-up. If aromatics are detected, an ION Science Benzene Prefilter tube can be easily attached to ensure rapid detection and selective measurement of benzene.
Throughout the measurement process, Tiger Select continues to display data in real time, ensuring that the final reading represents the total value of actual benzene present. Benzene concentrations are displayed in parts per billion (ppb) levels, giving you accurate and reliable data, you can count on.
What is included
TIGER Select Kit (part no. PTXSLBMP-0512):
- Tiger Select instrument.
- Rechargeable battery (lithium ion). *
- Battery charger and mains adapter. *
- Rubber boots.
- Explorer case.
- Benzene pre-filter tubes.
- Tiger Select Manual.
- Tiger Select Quick Start Guide.
- Benzene pre-filter tube opener.
- Carbon filter assembly.
- PTFE filter discs.
- Removable tool for MiniPID battery.
- Sample cleaning compound.
- Calibration adapter.
- Sensor seal – coated.
* Only included with the rechargeable Tiger Select.
Tiger Select is capable of providing 15-minute Short Term Exposure Limits (STEL) and 8 hour Time Weighted Average (TWA) for Total Aromatics (TAC). A 10.6 eV lamp can easily be installed for the detection of a wide range of VOCs.
Additionally, Ion Science’s unique PID sensor incorporates moisture resistant technology and anti-pollution design for long-lasting operation in harsh working environments.
The Tiger Select Benzene and Total Aromatic Detector can also be used in Tiger’s standard operating mode without the use of a benzene pre-filter tube to provide active indications of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including benzene, at concentrations as low as 1 ppb equivalent benzene.
Benzene is an industrial chemical commonly found in the petrochemical and refinery industries. It is extremely dangerous and a recognized carcinogen, therefore it is essential that concentrations of parts per million (ppm) of benzene can be measured quickly and accurately in the presence of hundreds of aromatic and aliphatic components found in industry.
Best Proven Photoionization Detection (PID)
- PID independently verified as the best performance on the market.
- Unmatched sensitivity detects down to ppb levels.
- Selectively detects benzene with the ION Science Prefilter Tube.
- Continuous readings shown as maximum level reached.
- Built-in moisture resistance without compensating.
- Anti-pollution design for extended field operation.
- Ready to use instantly without complicated setup.
- Large battery capacity offers several days of use.
- Quick-charge capability gets you up and running quickly.
- Simple icon-based menu requires no user training.
- Faster data download through a true USB connection.
- Easily update your instrument via the web 24/7.
Easy to use
- Self-explanatory software and calibration routine.
- Easy-change sensor, electrode stack and lamps.
- Large easy-to-use keyboard.
- Simple one-handed operation.
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive parts and consumables.
- Five-year warranty when instrument is registered online.