Features of the Geosub 2 pump
- Most versatile pump in the industry, sample from depths to 61m.
- Low flow sampling rates to 10 mL/min.
- User enabled dry-run protection.
- Easy to decontaminate.
- Optional Drop Tube Assembly for greater depth.
- Field replaceable motor lead kits available.
- Portable reel systems or dedicated well systems available to meet your needs (optional).
- CE mark.
Features of the Controller
- Converts AC Voltage to variable up to 300 watt DC voltage output.
- Short circuit protection for your safety.
- Heavy duty rated power cable for years of service.
- 2-line x 16-character wide temperature range alpha-numeric digital display.
- Push button Up/Down control.
- Internal processor saves individual well parameters.
- Optional DC to AC Inverter can be connected to a vehicle battery.
Operation of the pump
- Full Load Rating 2/3 HP
- Maximum Amp Draw 10 amps DC
- Overload Incorporated into Geosub 2 Controller
- Discharge Port Connection: ¼” female NPT (includes 3⁄8″ barb)
- Min. Ambient Fluid Temperature 34°F (1°C)
- Max. Ambient Fluid Temperature 176°F (80°C)
Wetted Parts: 316 Stainless Steel, PEEK, HDPE
Dimensions & Weight (Pump & Motor)
- Dimensions of Pump 34cm L x 4.5cm OD
- Net Weight of Pump w/o Lead 1.8 kg
- Material: Two 12 gauge conductors with HDPE jacket, and integrated safety cable
Weight with Geo Reel & Safety Cable
- 30.5 m of 12 AWG & Safety Cable (8.3 kg)
- 45 m of 12 AWG & Safety Cable (9.8 kg)
- 61 m of 12 AWG & Safety Cable (11.3 kg)
Operation of the Controller
The Geosub 2 Controller is designed specifically for use with Geotech’s Geosub 2 Pump. It provides a safe condi-tioned variable DC output power from an AC power source. Built-in sensing gives the operator accurate and precise control over the pump during sampling events. An average 1000 Watt gasoline powered generator with 1 gallon of gasoline can operate the SS Geosub Controller and Geotech’s sampling pump at full power for up to 18 hours continuously (generally much longer runtimes can be expected as the controller is used to reduce water flow for low flow sampling).
Optional DC to AC Inverter
- Input Power Range
- 100-130 Volts AC
- 50/60 HZ 310 Watts
- 4.2 amps nominal full load 115 Volts AC
- 200-250 Volts AC
- 50/60 HZ 310 Watts
- 2.1 amps nominal full load 230 Volts AC
- Output Power Variable: ¡ 0-46V DC @ <300 Watts
- Output Power @ Max. Voltage: 10 amps maximum
- Operating Temp: -20°F to 100°F (-29°C to 38°C) ambient air temp.
- Humidity: Up to 90% humidity
- Weight of Unit: 16.45 lbs. (7.46 kg)
- Size of Unit: 41cm L x 33cm W x 18cm H)
- Input Protection: 5A CB
- PFAS sampling
- Groundwater sampling
- High, low flow sampling and purge
- Water quality monitoring
- Water quality research
- Monitoring piezometers