- Available in 2″, 3″ y 4″.
- The dimensions of the RSS Skimmer range from 1.8 to 3.6m in length.
- The clamping cable is made of adjustable stainless steel and includes a silver ring.
- The collection container is made of PVC / polyethylene and has a ventilation tube.
- The membrane has a length of 250mm. It picks up on contact with fuel.
- Resistant to immersion in water. Stainless steel base with discharge valve made of brass.
- It can be emptied on site.
(Available to rent in 2″).
- The passive RSS skimmer must be installed at the interface between water and product.
- The membrane must be positioned at the level of the interface; for this, it is helpful to use a biphasic probe for locating and estimating its thickness.
- The suspension cable must touch the bottom of the tank / well. The “Oleophilic / hydrophobic” membrane allows the product to pass (LNAPL), thus separating it from the water.
- The product is accumulated in the reserve chamber of the skimmer by gravity.
- As the tank fills up, the equipment will submerge to where we have installed the cable.
- Once the tank is full, it must be removed in order to recover the retained product.
- RSS skimmers can be used for both groundwater monitoring and remediation.
- They are also used to calculate the product recovery properties of aquifers.
- They are used from piezometers such as tanks or gas station tanks or industries where product recovery is required.