When ENVIROxi-ORC comes into contact with groundwater, this calcium peroxide-based material hydrates and produces a controlled release of molecular oxygen (17% by weight) for periods of up to 12 months in a single application. Microorganisms require oxygen to transform organic pollutants (such as petroleum hydrocarbons) into carbon dioxide, water, and microbial cell mass. More importantly, the new and readily available oxygen produced by ENVIROxi-ORC accelerates aerobic biodegradation processes up to 100 times faster than natural degradation rates.
The ENVIROXI – ORC provides remediation professionals with a significantly faster and highly effective means of treating oil contaminated sites. In situ bioremediation processes show excellent results in the treatment of the following chemical compounds:
- Benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene (BTEX).
- Total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH).
- Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE).
- Tert-butyl ether (ETBE).
- Tert-butyl alcohol (TBA).
- Cis-1,2 Dichloroethene (DCE).
- Vinyl chloride (CV).
The use of ENVIROXI – ORC as a controlled oxygen liberator in aerobic biodegradation processes has the following advantages:
- Reduction in the time of the bioremediation process and therefore the completion of the remediation. Degradation rates will accelerate up to 100 times faster than natural degradation rates.
- Longevity, a single ENVIROXI – ORC application can support aerobic biodegradation for up to 3 months.
- Minimal site disturbance, without permanent equipment or installation of pipes, tanks, power sources, etc.
- No operation and maintenance: lower costs and higher efficiency / reliability than mechanical oxygenator systems (e.g. bubblers).
- Simple and easy application using a variety of available methods (fixed hole or excavation application).
Warnings and recommendations on prevention and safety
Avoid inhalation of the compound, handle it outdoors. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Appropriate safety equipment should be used when handling the product, especially when applied to soils (e.g. in excavation trenches). For more details do not hesitate to consult our SDS.
If ENVIROXI – ORC is stored for a long time before use, it must be kept in its packaging, in a well-ventilated and dry place. Avoid dust formation and keep away from incompatible products.